We’ve always known that our colleagues provide nothing less than Legendary Service to the relocating families they work with. What’s particularly inspiring to us – especially at this time of year – is the enthusiasm with which they also embrace helping those in need in their communities.
Through our WeCARE efforts, we support colleagues around the globe in charitable endeavors and acts to improve the lives of others.
These efforts also present an opportunity to showcase our commitment to Legendary Service outside of the office.
Nika Hionis, Director of Talent Development, is consistently impressed with our colleagues’ commitment to holding WeCARE events in their offices, and the number of charities and people their work has impacted.
Throughout the year and especially during the holiday season, our colleagues have found special ways to make a difference and support those who are less fortunate,” said Nika. “They have contributed their time and have made meaningful donations to a number of local charities with the goal to make lives more comfortable and days a little happier and brighter.
With the holiday season upon us, we are proud to once again celebrate the ways in which our colleagues across the globe participated, donated and volunteered to spread some cheer through our wonderful WeCARE initiatives.
Here are just some of these recent examples:
- Homes for Heroes: Joining forces with client PNC Bank and HHG partner Arpin Van Lines, our Weichert Move Network supported the Homes for Heroes project, presenting Sargent Michael Levine and his family a newly-renovated, mortgage-free home. Michael is a 24-year veteran of the United States Army and Iowa National Guard who was injured while serving in Iraq. The story was covered in his hometown newspaper, The Wilson Times, where you can check out the full
- Canada Gives Back to Veterans: Our Canadian colleagues also supported veterans this holiday season, raising $500 and a large box of donations for the Veterans Food Bank.
- UK Christmas Jumper Day: Our UK colleagues celebrated Christmas Jumper Day, a fundraising event presented by noted charity, Save the Children. This event is about getting everyone together to wear their brightest, funniest and craziest Christmas jumpers (similar to “ugly Christmas sweater” traditions in the U.S.). Our UK colleagues even added to the celebration by pulling Christmas crackers – a traditional part of UK Christmas celebrations — to add to the holiday spirit!
- Houston Gives Back: Our Houston colleagues gave back in big way this holiday season by participating in three amazing WeCARE events. Colleagues from our Sugar Land office volunteered at the Ft. Bend Human Needs Ministry to help give families in need groceries for their Christmas dinner. Over 250 families will be receiving boxes of dried and canned goods, as well as fresh fruit to supplement their meals. Other families will be receiving a gift card to a local grocery store. Our North (former MI) Office held a Season of Giving drive for the Move for Hunger by collecting 235 pounds of food for the Houston Food Bank – enough to feed 196 people! Both offices and our team on-site at Fluor participated in the Candlelighters Adopt-A-Family, which brings comfort and support to families with children battling cancer. The team purchased and wrapped gifts for each family member and presented them before the holidays.
- Chicago Adopts a Family: Our Chicago team also adopted a family, donating time, money and generous gifts to ensure the family enjoys a memorable Christmas.
- Boston Holds Food Pantry and Toy Drive: Our Boston colleagues collected food and personal care items to donate to a local food pantry for Christmas. They also collected a full bin of toys for the charity Toys for Tots.
- New Jersey Blanket Drive– Our New Jersey colleagues collected blankets for a local shelter to give the gift of warmth and comfort to the homeless.
As you can see, this holiday season has been the capper on an amazing year of colleague giving and volunteerism through WeCare events.
We look forward to a healthy, happy and charitable 2019, and once again thank our colleagues for spreading Legendary cheer!